[title size=”2″]Faith Based Initiatives[/title]
Deuteronomy 30:15-20 “Choose life so that you and your descendants may live.”
KODA is dedicated to helping save lives through the miracle of donation and transplantation. It is our hope that the message of unconditional love will allow the interfaith community to provide an avenue to discuss the greatest blessing of all – “The Gift of Life.” Every major religion in the United States supports organ and tissue donation as one of the highest expressions of compassion and generosity.
The full second weekend in November has been designated as National Donor Sabbath Weekend. Donor Sabbath Weekend is a time that churches and synagogues locally and nationally take time to share information about the wonderful opportunity each of has to save lives through donation.
Some of the resources available to discuss the “Gift of Life” in your congregation include:
- Guest Speaker – Transplant Recipient, Donor Family Member, KODA Staff
- Display of the Donor Memorial Quilt
- Bulletin Inserts and/or Bible Markers
- Clergy Recommended Sacred Text and Hymns Supportive of the “Gift of Life”
- Religious Views on Donation from All Faiths
Please contact the KODA Education Department at 1-800-525-3456 to request a speaker or materials.